Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

Following recent severe weather conditions, your normal bin collections were temporarily revised to catch up on missed green bins. All collections have now gone back to their usual schedule. Please make sure you know when your collections are taking place this week: read our waste collections changes page.

Contact Council Tax

What does council tax pay for?

Do it online

What does Council Tax pay for?

How your council tax helps pay for the services we provide.

Swale Borough Council, Kent County Council, Kent Police and Crime Commissioner and Kent and Medway Fire and Rescue Authority, together deliver most of the local services in your area. The council tax you pay is collected by us on behalf of these authorities. The total amount is then divided between them. Each year we are able to decide if our share of council tax charged is increased.

The council tax you pay goes to the following:

This year each authority increased their portion of council tax by:

If you live in an area with a parish council the amount they charge may also have increased.

Want to find out how to pay your council tax, see our ways to pay page or pay your council tax online.

View 'Your services - council tax 2018/19'

Your services front cover

Download the 'Your services' - council tax document (PDF 502kb).

Published 13 March 2018.

Feedback form:
Was this information helpful?
Thanks for letting us know your views!
This feedback will be used to improve our online service. We cannot respond to specific requests.
It's good but
How can we make this section better?
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z