Skip to content
Do It Online   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

We are currently updating our payment system. You may notice some changes in the forms that you use to pay for things like licences and your council tax. If you have any questions, please contact our customer services team.

Contact Customer Services

Dropped kerbs

A dropped kerb (vehicle crossing) allows vehicles to cross the pavement from the road to a driveway.

If you want to park your vehicle within the enclosed area of land around your property (known as curtilage) or you want to extend your existing dropped kerb you can apply to have the footway lowered (dropped kerb) and a vehicle crossing constructed or amended.

The Highways Act 1980 and the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 require a properly formed vehicular crossing to be built to protect any Public Utility equipment which may be present in the footway and prevent damage happening to the footway itself, as you can be held liable for any damage that may occur as a result of permitting a vehicle to be driven over the footway and/or verge.

Apply for a dropped kerb

If you would like to apply for a dropped kerb please go online to the KCC website.

Feedback form:
Was this information helpful?
Thanks for letting us know your views!
This feedback will be used to improve our online service. We cannot respond to specific requests.
It's good but
How can we make this section better?
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z