Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

We're experiencing technical problems with our Council Tax phone line. If your enquiry is urgent, you can email, including your Council Tax reference number. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Street lighting and traffic signals

Street lighting

To report a problem or fault with one or more of Swale's street lights you can report it to Kent County Council online.

Street Lighting is important. It helps pedestrians, cyclists and vehicle drivers avoid road traffic accidents at night. It deters vandals and criminals and makes the environment safer for us.

Kent Highway Services work with Ringway Highway Services to maintain and repair the street lighting. They patrol the Swale area at night to ensure that the lights are on and working properly.

Managing, maintaining and repairing the street light network for the county is a large and complex task, you can help by informing Kent Highways on 0300 0418 181 of any faulty/non lit lanterns or damaged units caused by accidents or vandalism.

When reporting an issue, please provide the following information:

Traffic lights

Information on traffic lights and what to do if one is not working.
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z