Skip to content
Do It Online   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

We are currently updating our payment system. You may notice some changes in the forms that you use to pay for things like licences and your council tax. If you have any questions, please contact our customer services team.

Contact Customer Services

Land charges - search fees

Local Land Charges

Swale Borough Council's fees changed on 1 December 2017. To view the new fees, please visit Maidstone Borough Council's website and choose the fees tab. For further information or if you have any questions, please email or alternatively, you can call on 01622 602251.

Search Submissions

From 12 October 2016, full searches can be emailed to us.

You'll need to make payment at the same time. You can pay for a:


HMRC have said that VAT will be charged on CON29 search fees starting 31 March 2017. Please review our fee pages for more information. Any searches received on 31 March that do not have the correct fee will be returned to the Solicitor or Agent.

New Forms

On 4 July 2016 new LLC1 and CON29 forms were published. You can buy them from the Oyez Store website. The CON29 form includes some additional questions about things like the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and assets of community value.  You need to submit your searches on the new forms or they will be returned.

Online Portal

We're currently building a new portal for people to submit, pay and receive searches online. This should be up and running in 2017.

Feedback form:
Was this information helpful?
Thanks for letting us know your views!
This feedback will be used to improve our online service. We cannot respond to specific requests.
It's good but
How can we make this section better?
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z