Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

We are currently experiencing technical issues with our Taxi Licence payment system. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. For advice, please call Customer Services on 01795 417850.

Energy Certificates

Information for landlords

Our aim is to improve conditions in the private sector and to prevent homelessness, it is therefore essential that we support and encourage responsible renting and should you have any issues you wish to discuss then please contact Housing Services at Swale Council

Things you should know: Energy Performance Certificates

From October 2008 all rental properties in England and Wales will be required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) prepared by an accredited Energy Assessor. These will offer opportunities for landlords to differentiate their property from their competitors and gain a distinct marketing advantage.

The energy efficiency and environmental impact of your property will be rated on a scale from A-G (where A is the most efficient and G the least efficient). Current running costs for heating, hot water and lighting will also be shown on the certificate, together with a list of recommended energy saving improvements.

See: Home Information Packs - a guide for managing agents and Landlords

You can also find an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor on the national register, see: HCR Register website

Feedback form:
Was this information helpful?
Thanks for letting us know your views!
This feedback will be used to improve our online service. We cannot respond to specific requests.
It's good but
How can we make this section better?
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z