Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

Your household waste collections will stay the same over the Easter weekend, Friday 19 to Monday 22 April. You can check the date of your next household waste collection online.

Disabled Facilities Grants

What is the grant for?

The grant scheme administers disabled facilities grants for providing adaptations in the home of a disabled person. The purpose of any adaptation is to restore independence, confidence and dignity to individuals whose environment has disabled them.  Grants are given to owners or tenants to help provide essential adaptations to enable the disabled occupant to use or access their home.  It may also make it easier for carers to look after the person. The maximum grant given is £30,000. Typical adaptations include:

Grants will be given based on a means test and some applicants are required to pay towards the cost of the works. If the works are for a disabled child, they will not need to be means tested. 

The first stage is to contact the Kent Contact and Assessment Service (KCAS) at Kent County Council.  They will be able to discuss with you and assess what support is required.  You can contact KCAS in the following ways:

Children's service

Adult protection service

If adaptations are required to your home, an occupational therapist will visit your home and refer your case onto this council for a disabled facilities grant.

More Information

More Information is available on the web pages and documents listed below: 

Advice on Adapting Your Home

Information on the process of obtaining a grant. (PDF)

Choosing a Building Contractor

Information and advice on how to chose a building contractor for a disabled adaptation.

Works Eligible for a Grant

General guidance of works considered mandatory for Disabled Facilities Grant
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z