Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

We're experiencing technical problems with our Council Tax phone line. If your enquiry is urgent, you can email, including your Council Tax reference number. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Dealing with Statutory Nuisance

What is a Statutory Nuisance?

The Environmental Protection Act 1990 defines which type of problems can be dealt with as a Statutory Nuisance. A statutory nuisance is legally defined as something that is either 'prejudicial to health or a nuisance'. This is something more than mildly annoying and would need to be likely to cause injury to health, or seriously interfere with the normal use of your property.

The following types of problems can be dealt with as a statutory nuisance:

Reporting a problem

Problems can be reported via our online contact form or by phoning 01795 417850.

Further information can be found on the following pages:

Agricultural odour

How to report a problem with an agricultural odour within Swale.
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z