Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
The Council has now published its draft Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) for the year 2010-2011. The primary role of the SHLAA is to:
- Identify sites with potential for housing;
- Assess their housing potential; and
- Assess when they are likely to be developed.
It should be noted that the SHLAA is not a statement of sites where planning permission for development would be granted by the Council or a signal of a sites inclusion within the Councils LDF.
The SHLAA is an extensive document comprising a main report and a number of appendices and background papers. Where necessary, documents have been separated into smaller files to make viewing easier “ however, a number of the files remain large.
Consultation has now closed.
List of documents and maps
- SHLAA main report
- Site index
- Appendix 1 - Partnership comments
- Appendix 2 - Sites not forming part of the assessment process
- Appendix 3 - Sites with planning permission
- Appendix 4 - Step 5 sites froming the SHLAA supply - pages 1-35, 36-75, 76-104; Appendix 4.1 - Sites at Queenborough and Rushenden
- Appendix 4.2 Sites at Sittingbourne Town Centre and Milton Creek - pages 1-16, 17-29, 30-39, 40-46
- Appendix 4.3 - Map showing overall distribution of SHLAA sites
- Appendix 5 - Sites not achieving step 4 ('achievability'); Appendix 6 - Sites not achieving Step 3 ('availability')
- Appendix 6.1 - Map showing sites not achieving Step 3 (Sittingbourne and Faversham)
- Appendix 6.2 - Map showing sites not achieving Step 3 (Sheerness)
- Appendix 7 - Sites not achieving Step 2 ('suitability') - pages 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-100, 101-120, 121-140, 141-162
- Appendix 7.1 - Sheerness Port; Appendix 7.2 - Map showing sites not achieving Step 2 (Sittingbourne)
- Appendix 7.3 - Map showing sites not achieving Step 2 (Faversham); Appendix 7.4 - Map showing sites not achieving Step 2 (Sheerness)
- Appendix 8 - Sites not achieving step 1 (policy constraints)
- Appendix 9 - Other sites with potential (second sweep for sites)
- Appendix 9.1 - Map showing other sites with potential; Appendix 10 - methodology