What can the Gateway do for you?
'Know Your Gateway' Events
You are invited to a ‘Know Your Gateway’ event on Thursday 20th June or Friday 21 June. Please view our 'Know Your Gateway' page to find out more.
We work with Kent County Council and other partners to deliver local services together under one roof.
The Sheppey Gateway, in the heart of Sheerness High Street provides you with access to a wide range of public, voluntary and community services. You can get advice on housing, benefits, pay council bills (not in cash), join up to educational courses and visit the library.
Libraries offer a wide range of services - from free access to books, computers internet and your library card also gives free access to many online resources, eBooks and eAudiobooks. Find out more about Libraries on the Kent Libraries page.
- Monday: 9.00am to 6.00pm - Council services until 5pm
- Tuesday: 9.00am to 6.00pm - Council services until 5pm
- Wednesday: 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Thursday: 9.00am to 6.00pm - Council services until 5pm
- Friday: 9.00am to 6.00pm - Council services until 5pm
- Saturday: 9.00am to 5.00pm - Council services until 12noon
- Sunday - Closed
Skills Plus (Adult Education) services are available:
- Monday: 9.30am - 7.30pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 9am - 4.00pm
Find out more on the Skills Plus website.
There are a number of services you can also use at the Gateway;
- Self Service Computers
- Changing Place facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Routine advice
- Specialist surgeries
- Library clubs and activities
Services provided at the Gateway
|Swale Borough Council||Kent County Council||Other services
- Environmental Services
- Housing services
- Electoral register
- Council Tax
- General enquiries/information
- General enquiries
- Bus passes applications
- Full library facilities
- Blue badges
- Community wardens
- Skills Plus (Adult Education)
- Registration (births and deaths)
- Kent families and Social Care (FSC) - Older People and Physical Disability (by appointment only)
We have teamed up with a range of other local community, public and voluntary organisations to provide services to customers at the Gateway.
- Kent Association for the Blind (KAB)
- Porchlight (support for vulnerable and homeless people).
- Together for Mental Wellbeing (Sheppey)
- KCA PTP Kent County Addiction Services
- Diversity House
Where is the Gateway Located?
The Gateway can be found using the map below or using the address:
38 - 42 High Street,
ME 12 1NL
- Swale Borough Council
- Kent County Council
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Job Centre Plus
- Pensions Service
- Call about the State Pension: 0800 731 7898
- Call about Pension Credit: 0800 99 1234
- Useful websites