Report a missed collection
Before you report a missed collection, please check our list of possible reasons why your rubbish may not be collected. If you report a missed collection, we aim to collect within two working days.
How do I report a missed collection?
In order for us to investigate and arrange a return, it is important that your missed bin is reported to us within two days of your collection day. You can report a missed bin online, or by phoning the Customer Service Team on 01795 417888.
Why was my rubbish/recycling collection missed?
Your rubbish collection may have been missed for these reasons:
- You need to put your rubbish/recycling on the boundary of your property by 7am on your collection day.
- If you put it out later, you may miss the collection. You can check your collection day by viewing when is my collection day.
- We can only take normal household waste. If it’s heavier than 25kg/50lb or longer than 1m, you can book a bulky waste collection or take it to one of our household waste recycling centre.
- You can compost garden waste at home, take it to a household waste recycling centre or use the garden waste collection service. There is a separate service for clinical waste and sharps.
- If the rubbish for the rest of your street hasn’t been collected, the collection may be running late. Please wait until the end of the working day to report a missed collection.
- If your collection has been missed several times, the collection team may not have seen your rubbish. Please provide your phone number so we can ring and check where you normally leave your rubbish for collection.