Skip to content
Commissioning and procurement   |  Jobs   |  Volunteering   |  Licensing   |  Business rates   |  Support for business
Contact Customer Services


Information on the licences that we issue

The Licensing Department are responsible for issuing licenses relating to Alcohol and Entertainment, Gambling, Sex Establishments, Street Collections and House to House Collections.

The Service Unit surveys premises and following close liaison with the Police, Fire Brigade and the Council's Community and Environmental Services Directorate, enforces the Council's Licensing and Gambling Policies, copies of which are available free of charge on request. The Policies cover general safety and management, including hours of opening, fire hazards, and provision for disabled people.

EUGO initiative

Find out about all the licences which come under the EUGO Initiative.

Licences and fees

About Alcohol, Gambling, Street Trading and Sex Establishment licences and a list of related forms and fees.

Street collections

Permits are only required if you plan to carry out a street collection in a public area.

House to house collections

House to House collections are regulated by Swale and you must apply for a permit to make a collection in this area.

Taxi licensing and fares

Information on taxi licensing and fairs for passengers and taxi drivers.
Feedback form:
Was this information helpful?
Thanks for letting us know your views!
This feedback will be used to improve our online service. We cannot respond to specific requests.
It's good but
How can we make this section better?
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z