Housing and homelessness advice
Are you homeless or about to be made homeless and need help?
If you are homeless or think you may be threatened with homelessness - if you have been served notice by your landlord, you have mortgage arrears or you are being asked to leave by family or friends, contact our Housing Options Team for advice and assistance, phone 01795 417622 or come into the council building and use our phones. A drop in service is also available to see the team at the Sheppey Gateway.
If you are calling outside opening office hours phone 01634 30 44 00. Also available on weekends and Bank holidays.
- For information on homelessness and evictions visit the Shelter website
- For information on domestic abuse please see the Shelter website, visit the SATEDA website or contact Womens Aid on 0808 2000 247
- For advice on housing and financial issues see the Citizens Advice Bureau website
- If you are struggling to pay your rent and bills you may be entitled to extra benefits, visit GOV.UK
- For information on asylum support and vulnerable refugees please visit the Refugee Council Services website
- For information on affordable second hand furniture visit the Neighbourhood Furniture Store.