Bulky item collection
Collection of bulky items
We offer a bulky waste collection service to all residents in Swale who are unable to get their large unwanted items to their local household recycling centre.
How much is it?
We charge £23.00 for up to 4 items. White goods and televisions are charged at £23.00 per item.
What we will collect?
- Large items of furniture such as beds, mattresses, sofas etc
- Televisions and computer monitors
- White goods such as washing machines, fridge/freezers, cookers etc
- Carpets (must be rolled and tied)
What we don’t collect
- Any item over 6 feet
- Any item that cannot be carried by two men from collection point to the vehicle
- Glass, for instance glass table tops/shelves or mirrored wardbrobes
- Building rubble
- Fixtures and fittings such as baths, kitchen cupboards, replacement windows etc
- Clearance of garden waste
How do I book a collection?
- You can book your items online
- By contacting our Customer Service team on 01795 417850
You will be advised of any restrictions and a collection day confirmed. You must list all items that you require for removal. This is to avoid any items being taken by mistake.
Items will need to be left outside for collection by 7am on the collection day. They can be left outside the evening before collection, as long as they do not cause any obstruction on roads or pavements.
What alternatives are there?
Before you ask us to collect your items, there are alternatives to getting rid of your bulky waste.