Skip to content
Do It Online   |  Planning   |  Council Tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and Roads   |  Housing
Contact the Benefits Team


Housing and Council Tax Support

We manage the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support for people in Swale. We make these payments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions.

We work within the laws and guidelines set out for these Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. These can sometimes be very complicated, so we have tried give a simple outline of the schemes. To find out more about the benefits that may be available to you please see the information below.

Can I claim?

Are you on a low income? Find out if you are able to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit (UC) is being introduced in Swale by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) from March 2015.

Welfare reform

Welfare reform is coming - are you prepared? Find out about the changes.

Questions - Housing and Council Tax Support

Answers many frequently asked questions about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

Extra Benefits

Information on special additional benefits including 'Extended Payments' and 'Discretionary Housing Payments'.

Where you can go for advice?

Where can you get more Housing or Council Tax Support advice?
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z